Tuesday, January 15, 2013

TEASER FOR HELD IN SECRECY

HELLO FRIENDS. I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT YOU GUYS SO I'VE POSTED AN EXCERPT FROM THE BOOK. ENJOY!
Oddily was full of anticipation as she waited in the meadow for her surprise. She didn't wait long because Maxim soon appeared on a white horse.

At first, Oddily backed away, fearing the size of the animal. However, once Maxim joined her, she put on a brave face and stepped forward until she was beside the glorious beast.

"I want you to meet Wind Chaser," he smiled patting the horse.

"Hi…Wind Chaser." Oddily waved at it, but then felt silly." May I touch her?"

Maxim dismounted, and then held Wind Chaser by her mane." Listen to me, baby. Using slow strokes, I want you to gently rub her muzzle, okay?"

"You mean her nose?" she asked.

"Yes…her nose."

Oddily extended her arm, and when the horse remained calm, she touched the area Maxim had indicated and began to stroke Wind Chaser.

"Wow, you are so beautiful!" She spoke to the beast.

When Maxim saw the look of fascination on Oddily's face, he couldn't help but laugh." I take it you’re pleased with my surprise."

"Yes… Very!"

"Would you like to ride with me?" He asked sheepishly.

Oddily’s eyes widened. "You want us to ride the horse…together?"

Maxim's face spread into in enraptured, gleaming smile as his flashing blue eyes looked into hers. Both humor and passion were in his face as he mimicked her startled look.

"Please say you will!"

Maxim was startled when Oddily reached up and kissed him quickly and firmly on the mouth.

"Okay," she grinned.

After Maxim remounted Wind Chaser, he used his unusual strength to scoop Oddily up on the horse with him, settling her carefully between his legs.

"Lean back against me and enjoy the ride."

Lean back and relax? Sure. Oddily sat stiff and unyielding when the horse began to walk through the meadow. Maxim was holding her securely, but a shiver of apprehension went through her. There was nothing to fear, she assured herself. She was in Maxim's care, who was protective, kind, and all that was knightly.

Slowly, tentatively, she leaned back against Maxim’s chest and forced herself to relax until he urged the horse into a trot.

Oddily should have enjoyed the landscape and the feel of the horse beneath her, but she was distracted be the change in the horse’s gait. Her awareness turned solely on Maxim, his body pressing against hers. A jolt flashed through her by his closeness. They were tightly pressed together and every movement of the horse jarred them even closer causing her to squirm a bit.

Maxim too, became sensitive to more than the luscious landscape. He could feel Oddily’s small back pressing against him, her thighs molding to his, and the scent of her hair so fresh and clean. Her closeness was causing his body to react and it was a reaction he had no control over.

Finally, he could stand it no longer. He was forced to stop the horse and jump off.

Oddily’s body stiffened more after his sudden dismount. Did I do something wrong? She wondered.

"I…I have a cramp in my leg." His voice was strained as he fumbled for an excuse. Look how you've encouraged me, is what he wanted to say; knowing his desire for her was ridiculously evident. But Oddily wasn’t paying attention to what was below his waist. Instead, her mind seemed to be somewhere else. Then without warning, a strange light came into her eyes and she grabbed hold of the horse's mane moments before the horse took off in a full gallop.

"Oddily!" Maxim became panic stricken. However, there was no need. Apparently, she had full control over the horse, and her long red hair flowing in the wind was a spectacle to be remembered.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the first two books and I'm exited to read this one. I will patiently bide my time until i get the chance

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this book to come out! Please hurry! I lived Oddily and Maxim, I just read them both in the last few hours!

Kelly said...

i cant wait for the next book when is it coming out

Linda Pohring said...

Hi Kelly. Thanks for asking...
2013 is my goal.

Estelle said...

I've absolutely loved the first two, and i plan on reading Willa soon. So excited for the third, and thanks for the teaser!

kluvschew said...

Wish these series would become a movie! Love them! In desperation for this one.

Linda Pohring said...

Thank you and I agree whole-heartedly! To share what I see in my minds eye when I'm write this story would be awesome. Linda